- The content of the pages of these Websites is for your general information and use only.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on these Websites is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through these Websites meet your specific requirements.
- These Websites contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. Reproduction is prohibited, other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms.
- It is not allowed to share your log in details (username and password) with other people. In the case of sharing, your account can be blocked without any financial compensation.
Without prior written consent, it is forbidden to use copyright protected materials from the Websites:
- Online or in print
- In publications online or in print
- Use of images by news media
- On an individual’s website
- Use in publicity and promotional material connected with commercial events
The following acts are not permitted in respect of any of the copyright protected content featured on www.microbiologyinpictures.com & www.bacteriainphotos.com websites:
- Reproduction of copyright protected images for any rental, leasing, or lending of content obtained or derived from the Websites
- Any considerable public dissemination, display or hosting of website content via any third-party platforms, including without limitation, the substantial or repeated extraction and/or storage of the websites content in any retrieval system, or inclusion in any other computer program or work
- Extensive reproduction of the websites content on any social media platforms (e.g., Pinterest, Facebook)
- Unauthorized text/data mining of Websites content and metadata
- The electronic storage of images for personal archiving purposes with a view to passing them on to other persons is not permitted
Images may not be copied, other than for non-commercial individual reference with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, shared, reproduced or otherwise redistributed without express, written permission.
Practically all of the images published on these Websites are registered with the U.S. Copyright Office (eCO System). Unauthorized use of images may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
We may revise, modify or change the Terms at any time at our sole discretion, with or without notice. Your continued use of the Sites after we post changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of the Terms as modified. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Terms.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customisation (Cookies)We may collect and temporarily store certain technical information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes. This information includes:
- The date and time you access our site.
- The internet domain from which you access our website.
- The IP address from which you access our website.
- The operating system used to access our site.
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer) used to access our site.
- The URLs of the pages you visit.
- If you visited this website from another Website, the URL of the forwarding site.
This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use.