Two strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae on Endo agar with biochemical slope.
Typical biochemical properties of Klebsiella pneumoniae are:
- lactose fermentation (pink, mucous colonies on Endo; compare with E.coli lactose positive colonies)
- D-mannitol fermentation (colour change around the tablet isn't obvious; compare with Shigella)
- sucrose fermentation (colour change around the tablet isn't obvious)
- urea hydrolysis
- acid from glucose with gas
- hydrogen sulfide negative
Additional tests for identification of Klebsiella pneumoniae are here.